Certificate Program in Leadership Excellence
Integrating Adaptive Leadership with Strategic Innovation and Change Management
What do great leaders have in common? They never stop learning. For great leaders, development lasts a lifetime and draws upon surprising sources, far beyond their day-to-day worlds. The Certificate Program in Leadership Excellence is taught by world-class professors and world-tested executives who are experts in adaptive leadership, strategic innovation, and change management. It also includes timely discussions on creativity, emotional intelligence, and ethical decision-making. Our world needs more great leaders and courageous innovators. Our world needs you.
What's Special about This Leadership Excellence Program?
This certificate program is designed to help good leaders become great, and help great leaders learn new ways to bring out the brilliance in others. An executive who attended the last program said: "I consider your Leadership Development Program the single best executive education program I've ever attended in my career. The program offered a mix of personal reflection, peer consulting, interactive simulations, and multimedia presentations to deliver compelling content."
Day One: Adaptive Leadership—Diagnosis and Action
- Explore your leadership style via the Hogan Leadership Assessment
- Introduction to the Competing Values Framework
- Understanding the key principles of adaptive leadership
- Meeting the challenges of leadership in a complex world
- Creative problem solving focused on a real-time leadership dilemma
- Practicing your new peer consultation skills—Part One
Day Two: Adaptive Leadership—The Importance of Emotional Intelligence
- Practicing your new peer consultation skills—Part Two
- Introduction to emotional intelligence and its role in leading innovation and change
- Review of your EQi 2.0 emotional intelligence individual assessment report
- Understanding the neuroscience of leadership and the Manage—Lead—Coach framework
- Introduction and overview of the Global Tech Experience change simulation
Day Three: Leading and Implementing Change
- Learn a research-validated and field-tested process for leading and implementing change
- Effectively identify the forces for and against change; and overcoming resistance to change
- Team Exercise: The GlobalTech Change Simulation™
- Apply change leadership best practices
- Understand the "why" of change
- Dale Gauthreaux, Ph.D.
- Carolyn Humphreys, Ph.D.
- Rob Williams, Ph.D.
- Individuals interested in developing a deep understanding of leadership and how leadership skills can be used to accelerate their career
- Individuals who have been identified as high-potential leaders or part of the company’s succession plan
- Individuals who are responsible for planning and leading major change initiatives
- Individuals interested in developing their strategic thinking skills
- Individuals who want to advance their careers by improving their communication skills and leadership presence
- Teams who want to gain new knowledge, skills, and tools to accelerate team success
Program participants will return to their organizations with the knowledge and skills to:
- Effectively implement the key principles of adaptive leadership
- Utilize the peer consultation technique to better diagnose a leadership dilemma
- Apply change leadership best practices including identifying the forces for and against change
- Meet the challenges of leadership in a complex and rapidly changing world
- Write and deliver messages to motivate change and lead others into the future
- Utilize the four key elements of storytelling performance
- Build integrated strategic competencies across the organization that creates new and sustained value
Upcoming courses will be posted soon.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the interest list.
Georgia State University, Robinson College of Business
Buckhead Center, Tower Place 200, Suite 500, 3348 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30326
$3,950 per person, standard registration fee
Note: Fee covers tuition, books and materials, certificate in leadership excellence, ExperienceChange simulation licensing fee, Hogan Leadership Challenges Assessment Report, continental breakfast, catered lunch, morning and afternoon snacks, wireless Internet, on-site IT support, and parking in Tower Place 200 parking structure.
We offer the following discounts. Send an email to email@example.com or call the Executive Education Center at 404-413-7300 to confirm eligibility and obtain the appropriate discount code.
- Early Bird (30 Days Prior to Program Start) - 5%
- Non-Profit Organizations - 10%
- Military and Veterans - 10%
- Companies sending a team of three or more - 10%
- Past Exec Ed Program Participants - 10%
- GSU Alumni - 25%
- GSU Student - 25%
- GSU Faculty or Staff Member - 50%
Upon program completion, you will receive a Certificate in Leadership Excellence.
"Thank you for a very engaging week! I consider your Leadership Development Program the single best executive education program I've ever attended in my career. The program offered a mix of personal reflection, peer consulting, interactive simulations, and multi-media presentations to deliver compelling content."
"The Leadership Excellence Program brought to light new ideas that I can incorporate into my everyday work life."
"This is a fantastic program that is relevant to leaders at all levels of the organization."
"This program should be provided to anyone that leads a team. It has helped me identify and overcome barriers to success in the workplace."
"Great program! Very applicable to my current role."
"I learned that the image I project at work is now well received, and I need to be the person who changes."
"The change management simulation opened my eyes to how hard it is to effectively plan and implement change in an organization. You provided me with the knowledge and skills to do a much better job."
"This program was thought-provoking, challenging, and taught by outstanding professors."
"The professors were very energetic and passionate about their subjects. This really kept the entire class entertained and ready to learn."
"The business simulation was especially helpful in pointing out the best practices in planning and leading a major change initiative."
"The change simulation was awesome! Professor Williams was very effective at highlighting the importance of doing a better job at developing the change plan."
"The program offered a nice balance of theory and practice. Very knowledgeable and enjoyable instructors."
"I especially enjoyed the small group interactions, the real-world case studies, and the business simulation."
"All of the professors who taught in the program were world-class. It was an amazing week! I learned new ideas and techniques that are going to help me right away."
"The peer consultation method was very helpful to me. I received excellent ideas from my classmates on how to address a leadership dilemma I'm facing right now."