Graduate Record Exam (GRE) Preparation
Doing Your Best on the GRE
Preparing for success on the Math, Verbal, and Writing Sections.
What's Special About Georgia State University's GRE Test Prep Course?
Gain a great score on the GRE exam by learning about the most current material covered on the exam. Each participant receives the acclaimed and completely revised workbook written by Dr. Cohen, Doing Your Best on the GRE. The class and workbook combine to help you achieve understanding of the design of the exam and how to use this information to your advantage. The series of seven weekly classes is lively, engaging, and highly effective. First, you are given a diagnostic exam which quickly pinpoints your strong and weak areas. Then you are provided a list of resources for targeted help.
Gary B. Cohen, Ph.D., widely known as "Dr. Test Prep," is considered the South's premier test prep professional. He has been writing and lecturing on test preparation for more than 15 years and is known for his engaging and entertaining style. His books include Doing Your Best on the GMAT, Doing Your Best on the GRE and Doing Your Best on the LSAT and he has published articles on English, American Literature, and Critical Reasoning. Thousands of students have attended Dr. Cohen's courses; students who are now doctors, lawyers, engineers, MBAs, accountants, executives, and more. Dr. Cohen earned his Ph.D. and M.A. from Vanderbilt University, and B.A. from Hunter College, NYC.
Program participants will gain knowledge and skills for success with each section of the GRE.
- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry
- Miscellaneous Word Problems (work, distance, age, probability, even standard deviation, etc.)
- Plus - Quantitative Comparisons, with complete explanations for all types of questions offering tips and techniques needed to choose the correct answer.
- Learn to attack each problem with simple logic, not complicated math.
- Learn four different methods to read better and understand every type of Reading Comprehension question
- Understand the three main types of errors many test-takers make in Text Completion, selecting correct answers even when not sure of the meaning of every word
- In Sentence Equivalence, follow secret techniques, examples, and exercises that make it easy to spot the wrong answers and narrow it down to the right one
- Use our workable list of the 500 most commonly tested Vocabulary words on the exam
- Shows how to write high-scoring essays by understanding what the graders measure and use our winning "templates" for virtually any essay question
Dates, Times, Locations
September 21 - November 9, 2017 (Thursdays) 5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
Petit Science Center, room 124
GSU Downtown Campus
Petit Science Center
100 Piedmont Ave. SE
Atlanta, GA 30303
Parking is available in several campus-operated parking decks for $7. More information »
$750 per person, standard registration fee
Note: Fee covers tuition, books and materials, wireless Internet, and on-site IT support.
Please contact the Test Prep Academy at 404-413-7300 or via email at email@example.com.
"Really prepared me for the GRE. Before this class, I had no direction. But once I finished, I understood the test like it was going to be my next degree."
"Dr. Cohen has an engaging and entertaining style. He's passionate about the material. It's obvious he wants the students to succeed. "
"Dr. Cohen's tips and tricks for the math section made the material a lot easier."
"I loved the overall feel and environment at the GSU Buckhead Center."
"Extremely helpful class. I liked learning how to read questions correctly, and learning how to write the essays."
"With Dr. Cohen's personality, it's easy to stay attentive."
"Great teacher. Great Course. Great Price."
"Dr. Cohen teaches relevant GRE content in an extremely easy to understand manner."
"Dr. Cohen is knowledgeable and able to effectively share techniques for answering GRE questions. I liked everything about the coursework, classroom set-up, refreshments, materials, and impressive facilities."
"I took several test prep courses, and this is the only one which the instructor actually took the test recently – not six years ago."
"Smartest teacher I ever had – he knows everything!"
"Well worth the price."