Certificate in Project Management
Mastering the Skills to Lead Projects and Project Teams
Certified project managers are in high demand across many endeavors and disciplines including health care, information technology, manufacturing, and the professional services sector. Organizations value effective project managers for their ability to integrate the best practices of project management with enterprise-wide initiatives in areas such as innovation, continuous improvement, new product introduction, and transformational change.
The Certificate Program in Project Management is designed and taught by a world-class project management professor and practitioner. Richard Deane (pictured) who has more than 30 years of project management teaching and consulting experience and is one of the most highly rated professors teaching in Georgia State University’s executive education programs. Dr. Deane offers real-world project management wisdom based on his practical experience leading small and large-scale projects as a consultant.
- Stakeholder interests, project charter, scope planning, and project activity relationships
- The project baseline schedule, resource plan, and the project budget
- Project execution, monitoring, and control; Microsoft Project™ essentials
- Project team dynamics, working with difficult team members, project risk management
Richard H. Deane, PMP, PE, Ph.D., (pictured above) is Professor Emeritus in the Department of Managerial Sciences at Robinson College of Business. His main interest is in the practical application of project management principles. Richard consults for organizations such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Acuity Brands, General Electric, Boys and Girls Clubs, ING, and various public and private health organizations. He has won teaching awards at Georgia State, Georgia Tech, and Purdue University. Richard is also a registered professional engineer and a certified Project Management Professional.
- Individuals interested in developing a better understanding of how project management methodologies can improve project success—whether the projects are large or small
- Managers of project managers who have general responsibility for a wide range of projects and programs
- Individuals who are responsible for managing multiple small projects that are undertaken simultaneously and changing on a regular basis
- Project managers who want to become leaders of enterprise-wide transformational projects
- Managers and directors who want to effectively implement innovation initiatives
- Senior managers with oversight responsibilities for multiple projects
Program participants will return to their organizations with the knowledge and skills to:
- Effectively define project requirements and write a project charter
- Employ a structured process for identifying and managing project stakeholders
- Organize the project via a project work breakdown structure and network diagram
- Estimate activity durations and generate a project schedule including the critical path
- Strategically balance project duration, cost, and scope objectives
- Develop a project resource plan and budget
- Monitor and control the progress of a project during execution
- Develop and implement a project risk management plan
- Apply project management software as an important tool in project planning
- Master the unique leadership skills required to lead a project team
- The program recently received an overall rating of 4.93 out of 5 from the participants
The downloadable brochure provides full details of the benefits and the topics provided by the Certificate Program in Project Management.
June 5-8, 2018,Tuesday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
September 11-14, 2018, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Registration Opens Soon! Please Check Back
November 6-9, 2018, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Registration Opens Soon! Please Check Back
Georgia State University, Robinson College of Business
Buckhead Center, Tower Place 200, Suite 500, 3348 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30326
$3,750 per person, standard registration fee
We offer the following discounts. Send an email to [email protected] or call the Executive Education Center at 404-413-7300 to confirm eligibility and obtain the appropriate discount code.
- Early Bird (30 Days Prior to Program Start) - 5%
- Non-Profit Organizations - 10%
- Military and Veterans - 10%
- Companies sending a team of three or more - 10%
- Past Exec Ed Program Participants - 10%
- GSU Alumni - 25%
- GSU Student - 25%
- GSU Faculty or Staff Member - 50%
If you are a candidate in the government's WIOA Program and have questions, please call Durinda Dickson at 404-413-7300.
Note: Fee covers tuition, books and materials, certificate in project management, computer simulation licensing fees (if applicable), continental breakfast, catered lunch, morning and afternoon snacks, wireless Internet, on-site IT support, and parking in Tower Place 200 parking structure.
Upon program completion, you will receive a Certificate in Project Management. The program qualifies for 35 contact hours or 3.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
The last session of the Certificate Program in Project Management received an overall participant rating of 4.93 out of 5.0.
"The instructor is a real pro—extremely well organized and interesting. Great pace!"
"The program content was incredible and the professors were the best instructors I've ever had! I like the handouts and examples."
"I enjoyed learning all of the tips for using Microsoft Project and the pitfalls of project management."
"Great program! I especially liked the detailed exercises and the excellent pace."
"Program offered a fast pace, great instructors, lots of breaks, and even chairs with lumbar pillows."
"What I liked best was the fast pace and the hands-on exercises using computers."
"I loved this program! The week just flew by! Professor Richard Deane was the best teacher I have ever had."
"The program far exceeded my expectations. The GSU Buckhead Center classrooms and staff support were outstanding."
"Wow! I can't believe how much I learned about project management in just one week."
"Thanks for the amazing program and experience. I am now ready to take the PMP exam."