Project Management Professional® (PMP) Certification Exam Preparation Course
Mastering the knowledge to pass the PMP® certification exam
Without a doubt, the Project Management Institute’s (PMI®) PMP credential has become the “gold standard” for project managers. PMP certification adds credibility to a resume and can result in higher expected salaries. Some recruiters divide resumes into two different piles based on those with and those without certification. Competition within the project management discipline is high and employers can afford to be selective. PMP certification in any industry is always helpful and in some disciplines, necessary.
Specifically, PMP-certified project managers are in high demand across many industries and disciplines including healthcare, information technology, manufacturing, logistics, and the professional services sector.
What is Special about this PMP exam prep course?
The PMP exam prep course is designed and taught by a world-class project management professor and practitioner. Richard Deane has more than 30 years of project management teaching and consulting experience and is one of the most highly rated professors teaching in Georgia State University's executive education programs. Dr. Deane offers real-world project management wisdom based on his practical experience leading small and large-scale projects as a consultant, and teaching the PMP exam prep course to client organizations.
This course is taught in an interactive classroom setting. The emphasis on the class sessions is on successfully analyzing and correctly answering sample PMP questions. A more complete description of the topics covered along with a daily schedule are provided in the course brochure.
Richard H. Deane, PMP, PE, Ph.D., is professor emeritus in the Department of Managerial Sciences at the Robinson College of Business. His main interest is in the practical application of project management principles. Richard consults for organizations such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Acuity Brands, General Electric, Boys and Girls Clubs, ING, and various public and private health organizations. He has won teaching awards at Georgia State, Georgia Tech, and Purdue University. Richard is also a registered professional engineer and a certified Project Management Professional.
(Who Should Attend)
This intensive four-day course is focused on preparing participants to pass the PMP certification exam. The course is directed toward:
- Individuals just starting the PMP exam preparation process who need to prepare for the PMP® certification exam as quickly and effectively as possible
- Individuals who have completed their educational requirements and need a "focused and intense refresher" course before taking the PMP exam
- Individuals needing the educational course hours to take the PMP exam
- Individuals desiring to have a "benchmarking experience" that will allow the development of a focused study plan to "identify and fill in missing knowledge gaps" that will increase the probability of passing the exam on the first try
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Pass the PMP Certification exam
- Describe the components of the PMP examination including the relative emphasis of different processes and knowledge areas
- Develop an individual study plan for passing the examination with inputs from the instructor
- Understand and differentiate the project management process groups, project management knowledge areas and the project management life cycle concept
- Describe and differentiate the common tools and techniques used with the process groups
- Describe and understand the ordering of the key project management planning steps
- Analyze and dissect different types of PMP examination questions
- Learn how to effectively eliminate certain answers to increase the probability of isolating the correct answer to a PMP examination question
- Understand and identify key ethical and professional practice questions that are likely to appear on the PMP examination
What else is included
- Four days of hands-on instruction from a PMP-certified instructor
- A comprehensive course text and workbook that includes quizzes, exercises, and interactive lessons
- A laminated Quick Reference Guide to the PMBoK (Project Management Book of Knowledge) processes and knowledge areas
- Ongoing post-class support by the course instructor, including counsel on completing the PMP exam application process
- More than 1,000 sample exam questions with complete answers and explanations
- Thirty five contact hours that meets the educational requirements to take the PMP exam
July 17-20, 2018, Tuesday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
December 4-7, 2018, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Registration Opens Soon! Please Check Back
Tower Place 200
3348 Peachtree Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
$1,875 per person, standard registration fee
We offer the following discounts. Send an email to [email protected] or call the Executive Education Center at 404-413-7300 to confirm eligibility and obtain the appropriate discount code.
- Early Bird (30 Days Prior to Program Start) - 5%
- Non-Profit Organizations - 10%
- Military and Veterans - 10%
- Companies sending a team of three or more - 10%
- Past Exec Ed Program Participants - 10%
- GSU (Staff, Student and Alumni) – 15%
Note: Fee covers tuition, books and materials, wireless Internet, on-site IT support, parking on-site and lunch daily.
Upon program completion, you will receive a Project Management Professional® (PMP) Certification Exam Preparation certificate of completion. The program qualifies for 35 contact hours or 3.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).